Please read all of these Terms and Conditions
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the sully of the Goods.
- Delivery Location means the Customer’s premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order.
- Customer means you.
- Supplier means us.
- Goods means the goods advertised on our website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order.
- Order means your order for the Goods from us as submitted following the step by step process set out on our website.
- Website means our website www.brodiemchaggis.com on which the Goods are advertised.
- These Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) will apply to the use of our website and the purchase of Goods by you (the Customer or you).
- We are Creating Time Limited, a company registered in Scotland under number SC593047, whose trading name is Brodie McHaggis, with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These T&Cs and all related matters are governed solely by the laws of Scotland, excluding any rules of private international law or the conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws.
- In addition to these T&Cs, your use of our website is also governed by the following:
- Our cookies policy
USING OUR WEBSITE
- The purpose of our website is to provide you with general information about us, our business, and any products or services that we offer. Our website is not made available for any other purposes, except as expressly provided in these T&Cs.
- All trademarks, trade names, logos, copyright and other intellectual property rights on our website and its content are either owned by us or licensed to us, and all rights are reserved. Any use of our website and its contents, other than as specifically authorised herein, is strictly prohibited. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us. All good will generated from the use of our trade mark will benefit us exclusively.
- We make no representations and provide no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, that any of the content or materials available on our website are accurate, up to date or complete.
- Our website content is provided for your personal and private use only. You may print or share the content from our website for lawful personal, private and non-commercial purposes, and you may also make others within your organisation aware of the content on our website. You may not otherwise extract, reproduce or distribute the content of our website without our prior written consent and it must not be used for any commercial activities whatsoever.
- Should you print, download, share or pass on content from our website to others, you must not make any additions or deletions or otherwise modify any text from our website, you must not alter or change any images, media or graphics in any way and you must ensure that all content passed on to any third party is an accurate representation of the content as it appears on our website. You must acknowledge us as the authors whenever you pass on any content or materials from our website at the time when you pass on such content or materials.
- We may publish links on our Website to third party content or websites; we are not responsible for the content of any websites accessible via any of these link(s) as that content is outside of our control, and we do not represent or warrant that such content is related to us or our website, suitable or appropriate for use or viewing, lawful or accurate.
- We do not guarantee that our website does not contain viruses or other malicious software. We shall not be responsible for any bugs or viruses on our website, or any software that might be transferred to your computer from our website, or any consequences which the presence or operation of such programs may have. You must ensure that you have up-to-date and effective anti-virus protection on your computer or other browsing device.
PROHIBITED USES OF OUR WEBSITE
- You must not use our website for any fraudulent purposes whatsoever, any purpose that is unlawful or that in any way breaches any applicable laws or regulations worldwide.
- You must not conduct any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or direct or indirect marketing to anyone; or to otherwise spam, communicate with or market to anyone any goods, services or business not authorised by us.
- You must not upload any type of content or materials to our website at all, unless expressly requested to by us.
- You are not permitted to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of or content from our website, unless expressly permitted in writing by us.
- You are prohibited from using any robots, spiders, data mining or scraping technology or any similar third-party tools for the extraction or reproduction of any data or content from our website without our prior written consent.
- You are not permitted to access, interfere with, damage or disrupt our website or any part of it. You must not upload, introduce to our website, host or transmit any viruses or any harmful or malicious software that could adversely affect the use or operation of our website or any of our hardware or computer systems or those belonging to third parties.
- You must not use any third parties, software or technology to attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, our servers, systems, hardware, software or data.
- You must not attempt to perform any denial of service type attack on our website.
- By using our website or submitting information to us through or in connection our website, you signify your consent to Creating Time Limited for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- Protecting your privacy is important to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with regards to personal information that you provide to us in the process of purchasing our Goods or contacting us via email or other form.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we process in providing Goods to you.
- The type of data we collect about you includes information you provide when creating a customer account, when placing orders, signing up to newsletters, and when you contact us by email, eg your name, email address, home address, phone number(s), and any other information you may provide us with that may be contained within correspondence you send to us. We also collect your IP address and data profile regarding your online behaviour whilst visiting on our website.
- We may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you regarding your Order or enquiry, respond to your communications, provide services to you, facilitate and enhance your use of our website, facilitate transactions through our website, and as otherwise permitted by law. We may develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to provide services to you and facilitate your use of our website, and we may keep a record of all communications with you.
- Our website use “cookies”, which store a small amount of information on our user’s computer to permit our website to recognise future visits using that computer. Please note that these cookies do not allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They enhance the convenience and use of our website for users, eg to recognise you as a previous user of our website to avoid you having to enter your personal information every time, offer personalised webpage content and information for your use and otherwise facilitate your website experience. We may engage third parties to provide cookies that collect information regarding website use. You may choose to decline cookies generally if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the website and your ability to access certain features of our website.
- If you register as a Customer, then we may send to you, from time to time, e-mails or other communications containing information about products and our website and other matters that we believe may interest you. You may request us at any time to stop sending you correspondence by responding to the email with “unsubsribe” or sending your request by email address on our contact us page.
- We are very protective of your privacy and we will never disclose or sell your information to any third party. However, we may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity. We have no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information, and that use and disclosure is not subject to this policy.
- You can request access to your personal information and any information that we collect relating to you by sending your request to us by the email address on the contact us page.
- We do not store payment card details nor do we share customer financial details with any third parties. All payment card details are processed by the payment service provider that we use at the point of sale.
- Our Goods are 100% brand new, unread and purchased directly from the publisher and Author.
- The description of the Goods is as set out on our website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
- In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Goods which appear on our website are subject to availability.
- As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these T&Cs to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
- You can only purchase the Goods from our website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- You agree to these T&Cs by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’ at the Checkout stage. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order.
- The description of the Goods on our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on our website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on our website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order, you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event, not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the all parties in writing.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on our website at the date of the Order.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- Payment to us via the payment method being used at the Checkout process on our website. A third party provides the Checkout process and we therefore do not have access to any of your financial details.
- You must pay by submitting your payment details as requested by the third-party payment service being used. We therefore do not have access to any of your financial details. Once payment has been taken, the Goods will be prepared and dispatched to the requested Delivery Location.
- You must be 18 years or older to create an account on our website.
- If you set up an account using our website, you must provide accurate and complete information. You also represent that all information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- We prohibit the creation of, and you agree that you will not create, an account for anyone other than yourself.
- You must keep your log in details confidential and secret and not disclose it to anyone. All account information is provided for use of the named account holder only, and not for any other person. You are responsible for any consequences of unauthorised access to your account due to any disclosure of your account information to any third party.
- You must never use another user’s account without permission.
- If you know or suspect that the confidentiality of your login information has been compromised, for example, by the disclosure of such information to any third party, you must immediately change your password. If you are unable to change your password, you must immediately notify us by email through our contact page.
DISPATCH AND DELIVERY
- We will prepare the Goods for dispatch to you in a timely and efficient manner and within five (5) working days of the Order being placed.
- The Goods will be delivered to you using Royal Mail and should be with you within the Royal Mail proposed timeframes after dispatch – 1 to 2 days for UK First Class, 2-3 days for UK Second Class, and much more variable for anything outside of the UK – please check the Royal Mail website for delivery timeframes for specific countries.
- Delivery charges are as per those listed at the checkout. If you have any questions about these charges, please contact us to discuss.
- Regardless of events beyond our control, if the Goods are not delivered within an appropriate timescale (5 days for processing and dispatch + Royal Mail delivery guidelines), you should contact us so that we can help to resolve the issue.
- The Customer is wholly responsible for paying any import duties or other taxes for Orders delivered outside of the UK and we will not accept returns or refunds due to the Customer not wishing to pay these dues.
RETURNS AND CANCELLATION
- We strive to maintain excellence in customer service and customer satisfaction, and with that goal in mind, we guarantee the condition of Goods are brand new and in excellent condition prior to dispatch and no item will be dispatched to you unless it is in the condition described.
- Occasionally you may need to return or cancel an Order. Prior to any returns, you must contact Us to request the return and provide the reason. We will then provide you with a returns reference number and instructions to ensure that you receive a replacement or refund where appropriate.
- If you no longer require the Goods after dispatch, you may return the Goods to us at your own expense within 14 days and in appropriate packaging that will protect the Goods from any damage. You must contact us for a returns number prior to returning the Goods, or you may forfeit your right to a refund. Once it is confirmed that the Goods have been received back to us in the condition required, we will issue a refund for the original price paid for the Goods.
- If in the unfortunate event we have supplied you with the incorrect Order, please contact us to arrange a like-for-like replacement or a refund and for the incorrect Order to be returned to us free of charge, within 14 days and appropriately packaged to maintain their original condition.
- If any Goods have been damaged during transit, you must contact us immediately with a photograph of the damaged packaging prior to opening the package, and also a photograph of the damaged Goods, along with your order number and full contact details. Once we have received and examined this, we will arrange for an immediate replacement to be sent to you. Without this, we are unable to issue a replacement.
- You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods whilst they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. This applies to all Goods that are returned.
- Please allow up to ten (10) days for replacement Goods to arrive and twenty-one (21) days for a refund.
- Our refund guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights and does not affect them in any way.